Compliments and Comments

Selby Town Council aims to provide high quality services which meet your needs.  We believe we achieve this most of the time: if we are getting it right please let us know.

We will acknowledge any compliments and comments made and pass these on to all staff and let you know the outcome.  Any suggestions will be discussed and if these are relevant and can be adopted we will do so



In order to ensure our services remain at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can let us know if for any reason you are not satisfied with your dealings with the organisation.


If you are not happy with Selby Town Council please tell us

If you are unhappy about any of our services, please speak to the relevant officer, Town Clerk or Member of the Town Council.  If you are unhappy with an individual in Selby Town Council sometimes it is best to tell him or her directly. If you feel this is difficult or inappropriate then speak to the Town Clerk.  If you are unhappy with the Town Clerk, you should speak to the Chair of the Town Council.


Making a written complaint

If you are not satisfied with our response to a verbal complaint, or wish to raise the matter more formally, please write to the Town Clerk.  (If your complaint is about the Town Clerk, please write to the Chair of the Town Council)

All written complaints will be logged and you will receive a written acknowledgment within 5 working days

Our aim is to investigate your complaint properly and give a response within ten working days, setting out how the problem has been dealt with.  If this is not possible, an interim response will be made informing you of the action taken to date or being considered

If you are not satisfied, with our response, please write to the Chair of the Town Council who will report the matter to the next Town Council meeting, which will decide on any further steps to resolve the situation.